The business landscape is changing rapidly, and organizations are struggling to keep up with the pace of change. Organizations need to be agile, flexible, and innovative to succeed in today’s world. One way to achieve this is by building a skill-driven organization that puts skills at the center of everything they do. One highly skilled and motivated employee can bring 2x results than ten less-skilled and unsatisfied employees. Therefore, organizations need to realize that they need to shortlist, hire and invest in their growth for better performance to boost organizational growth.
In this blog, we will explore the need for skill-driven organizations and how Oracle Cloud HCM can help organizations realize these needs.
What is a Skill-Driven Organization?
A skill-driven organization prioritizes skills over traditional job titles and roles. In a skill-driven organization, employees are valued for their skills, knowledge, and abilities rather than their job titles or positions. Employees are encouraged to develop and enhance their skills, regardless of their current role or position. Employees are also given opportunities to use their skills and knowledge in various ways, including cross-functional teams and projects. A skill-driven organization is technology-enabled and democratic and focuses on agility. They keep people at the center of the organization and work.
Importance of a Skill-Driven Organization
A skill-driven organization is essential for several reasons!
- It allows organizations to be more agile and responsive to change. Employees valued for their skills and knowledge contribute 200% to the organization’s growth. It makes it easy for organizations to adapt quickly to new challenges and opportunities.
- A skill-driven organization is more likely to attract and retain top talent. Every person wants to work at a place where their skills are valued and they have opportunities to grow and develop. Organizations that make employees feel satisfied experience much higher retention rates than organizations that don’t.
- It helps organizations build a culture of continuous learning and improvement. When an organization and managers appreciate the employees’ skills and encourage them to develop them further, employees are more likely to seek knowledge and find ways to improve their performance.
Built a Skills-Driven Organization
We have understood the importance of a skill-based organization. Now, let’s move ahead and understand how an entrepreneur can build a skill-driven organization. The following are the steps to achieve the maximum result.
- Identify the Gaps: Every company lacks somewhere or the other. Identify those gaps and evaluate them to find the skills that will prove beneficial.
- Develop a Strategy: Coordinate with the departmental heads and craft a plan to fill the gaps. Find the right mix of training, learning formats, redeployment, hiring, contractual hiring, and releasing employees specific to the company.
- Execution: Roll out the strategy considering the organizational resources, and expand across organizational structures and technologies.
These three steps provide enough flexibility to adjust between a directed framework and any required company-specific adaptation. It is appropriate for launching programs to enable different departments, such as strategy, sales, IT, HR, and other business departments, to participate.
Role of Oracle Cloud HCM in Building a Skills-Driven Organization
Oracle Cloud HCM is a comprehensive Human Capital Management solution that helps entrepreneurs build a skill-driven organization that leads to the company’s growth. Here are some ways in which Oracle HCM can help organizations realize the need to build a skill-driven organization:
- Skills Management: Oracle Cloud HCM allows organizations to manage skills by making the entire process from evaluating business to hiring the right talent, providing a practical training and learning program, and creating a skills library. Moreover, it allows organizations to track employee skills and identify gaps. They can use this information to organize targeted training and development programs to help employees enhance their skills.
- Career Development: The software’s career development tools allow employees to create profiles and identify career paths based on their skills and interests. It helps employees understand their potential career paths within the organization and identify skills they need to work on and develop to achieve their desired career goals.
- Performance Management: Oracle HCM enables organizations to set performance goals and track progress. It also allows employees to provide feedback for their managers, which further helps managers to identify the areas they need to improve.
- Learning Management: Oracle Cloud HCM’s learning management tool allows organizations to create and manage training programs. Employees can access these programs to enhance their skills and knowledge. Plus, organizations can track employee progress and task completion rates to ensure employees develop the skills they need to succeed.
- Record Management: The software provides a comprehensive system allowing organizations to store employees from hiring until retirement. The record includes payroll management, absenteeism, working hours, and other benefits. It allows organizations to timely provide all the necessary resources to carry on the tasks and disperse performance-based rewards.
Building a skill-driven organization is essential for organizations that want to stay competitive and succeed in today’s fast-paced business landscape. Learning & development of the employees becomes central when you are building a skill-driven organization. Oracle Cloud HCM can help organizations realize these needs by providing tools and modules that support skills management, career development, performance management, learning management, and record management. However, there’s a misconception that Cloud HCM is an HR-specific system software designed to target only human resource functions. To fully utilize the HCM Cloud capacity, conduct it as a co-creation with all functions together. By leveraging the system software, organizations can build a continuous learning and improvement culture, attract and retain top talent, and quickly adapt to new challenges and opportunities.
Connect with Tangenz IT System Integrators, an Oracle Preferred Partner, to learn more about sustainable Oracle HCM Cloud solutions and its implementation assistance services.