Oracle HCM Cloud is an industry-leading product that enables Organizations to manage all their HR functions. During different HR activities, errors might happen that need to be fixed. We advise and train our customers to deal with a number of these scenarios during our Oracle HCM Cloud Implementation. For example, there might be a scenario that Payroll run has been processed for the company and payroll for few employees have processed with incorrect calculation resulting in incorrect pay stubs. This article explains how to revert the payroll run process for few employees in Oracle Fusion HCM application instead of rolling back the whole payroll process. This could be used in any scenario where payroll is not processed correctly for employee and needs to be rolled back.
Common payroll errors could be:
- Time card flag is not set while hiring an employee and time entries are processed with 3rd Party interface. Payroll run will process the hours with default schedule hours as well as the hours entered through the third party interface. This will result in over payment to employees.
- Any scenarios(like tax calculation amount, Standard earnings/Supplemental earnings not processed as expected and costing issue with elements) are NOT processed which is needed to revert the payroll for employee.
There are couple of processes to generate the pay stubs for employees. Reversing the payroll run for affected employees are like rolling back each process.
The steps should be:
- GL entries should be corrected for accounting correction.
- Roll back of Processes like (Payslip, EFT, Check)
- Create object group for affected employee.
- Run process “Reverse Payroll Calculation” with the object group.
- Run Calculate Payroll with object group
- Run Prepayment with same date. (Normally it is process date)
- Run Archive payroll result with same date
- Run Check payment process
- Run EFT process
- Run Generate payslip with object group
It is found that the pay stub is NOT correct for this employee. Need correction.
Reverse Payroll Process
Below are steps to accomplish this
- Roll back Payslip, Check
- Run “Reverse Payroll Calculation”
- Run the payroll run for this employee using object group. Make sure to run the prepayment and Archive Periodic Result with same date (e.g. Process Date).
In the end, Payroll is corrected for the affected employee. If there are more than one employees then include them in object group and follow the above steps.
I hope this helps you understand the process to correct the errors in your payroll runs.